With the new tax laws and continuing growth in the market, 2018 is already stacking up to be an unprecedented year of changes, challenges, and opportunities in Washington-area residential real estate. To help real estate professionals better understand the rapidly changing market, and position themselves for success, AveryHess, Realtors is spearheading “Industry Forecast and Innovative Trends for 2018.”
Held on January 17th from 10:00 am-1:00 pm at the Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, the Real Estate Industry Forecast and Innovative Trends for 2018 event brings together a blue-ribbon panel of experts in Washington-area real estate: Scott Avery, President, AveryHess Realtors, Inc.; Ryan Conrad, CEO, Northern Virginia Association of Realtors® (NVAR); and Roderick Maribojoc, Director, Center for Real Estate Entrepreneurship, George Mason University.
These thought leaders will address such important topics as:
- What 2018 may have in store for the RE industry globally and locally, and how the market might be impacted
- Exciting innovations on the horizon—from self-driving cars and digital assistants, to energy efficient homes, smart homes, and the tiny house movement
- Social, demographic and technology trends impacting the way people design, develop, construct and use real estate
- What to expect at NVAR in 2018 – trending issues, tools and resources, events, courses, & opportunities to get involved
Attendees will come away from the Industry Forecast and Innovative Trends event with fresh ideas, clear insights, and new contacts.
The event is sponsored by George Mason Mortgage.
About the Speakers
A real estate industry veteran since 1977, Scott Avery has a long and varied career. From sales management to project development, training, marketing and more, Mr. Avery has been a featured speaker and trainer on a variety of industry topics throughout his career. He has authored courses on communication as a sales tool, financial applications in branch management, building and developing a sales career, recruiting, the successful interview, and more.
As CEO of the Northern Virginia Association of Realtors® (NVAR), Ryan Conrad heads up one of the largest regional Realtor Associations in the United States, with approximately 12,000 real estate professionals who transact over $11 billion in sales annually in the Washington, D.C. Metro area.
Roderick Maribojoc is the Director of the Center for Real Estate Entrepreneurship (CREE), which acts as a catalyst between the George Mason University MS in Real Estate Development program and the real estate industry. The George Mason University MS in Real Estate Development is a cross-disciplinary program drawing on the expertise of faculty members within the School of Business, School of Public Policy, and Volgenau School of Engineering.
Latest posts by AveryHess Realtors (see all)
- AveryHess Realtors to Hold Real Estate Industry Forecast and Innovative Trends for 2018 - January 9, 2018
- Dealing with the Affordability Crunch in Washington Area Home Buying - December 14, 2017
- Fall Wine Tasting: Virginia & Maryland Wineries Near Washington, D.C. - October 2, 2013