Stop to think for a second, and ask yourself, “Where do my leads come from?” Leads can come from a variety of sources, from referrals, your website, your blog, social media, or places like Realtor.com and Zillow. How many lead sources do you have? The more the merrier, so be sure to set a goal based on how much business you want to do and how many leads you need to get you there. Your CRM can be a significant help here, so invest time and money in one that works for you.
Research shows that referral business made up 60% of industry business five years ago. Today, that number has fallen to 44%, further proving that investing in lead sources is more important now than it ever has been before. According to a Real Estate Consultant, those who log into their CRM more than 20 times per month get 9 times more business than those who log in 4 times or less.
When a lead comes your way, are you converting it in the most effective way possible? 68% of homebuyers work with the first agent to make a meaningful connection. Some tips to making that connection are as follows:
- Call twice and do NOT leave a message
- If your calls are unanswered, text “Is this [lead name]?
- If they answer your call, keep them on the phone for 5+ minutes in case other agents call/text within that time. Forget about emailing your initial response, Email open rate in 2018: 18%
Text open rate in 2018: 98%
After your initial follow up, if your attempts to contact go unanswered, remember the “Rule of 3s”
- Attempt to contact 3x per day for 3 days
- Attempt to contact 3x per week for 3 weeks
- Attempt to contact 3x per month for 3 months
If you want to get involved with a brokerage that will help you to generate more leads for your growing business, please send us an email at email@example.com.
an ongoing conversation about
real estate in Virginia, Maryland, and
Washington DC designed to help you Every Step of the Way.
Latest posts by Marketing (see all)
- Think Globally. Search Locally. - August 5, 2019
- What to Consider When Selling Your Home - July 22, 2019
- First-Time Homebuyers: Overcoming Fears and Jitters - July 8, 2019